Hey, make yourself useful!
Many McNeel projects are open-source and on GitHub. RhinoCommon - our cross-platform .NET SDK - is a great example. Even this very website you are reading now. Browse source, fork a repo, correct a typo: we welcome participation and pull-requests.
discourse.mcneel.com is the McNeel forum. This is the fastest place to get help. Specific categories to post in are:
- Rhino Developer: Customizing Rhino through VB, C#, C++, RhinoScript, and Python.
- Scripting: Topics related to RhinoScript and Python scripting.
- openNURBS: Topics related to the openNURBS toolkit.
- Grasshopper developer: VB, C#, and Python in Grasshopper components.
Whenever you encounter something that doesn’t work as it should, we’d love it if you could file a bug report. At McNeel, we use YouTrack to track issues and bugs. YouTrack requires that you create a login. The vast majority of bugs are visible to the public. Please report issues or bugs with our APIs or SDKs on YouTrack.
This website is open source on GitHub. If you find errors or think a page could be improved, just click the “Edit page on GitHub” link at the bottom of any page. If you are a McNeel employee, you should already have permissions to commit to this repository. If you are a Rhino Plugin Developer, you can request permissions to commit. Anyone can clone the repository and submit a pull-request.
To get started authoring content for this site, please read the following guides:
You may also want to take a look at the Admin page.
Who to talk to for what:
- Steve Baer (RhinoCommon) - @stevebaer on Discourse
- Alain Cormier (Rhino.Python) - @alain on Discourse
- Dale Fugier (C/C++ SDK, Zoo, RAP) - @dale on Discourse
- Dale Lear (openNURBS) - @dalelear on Discourse
- David Rutten (Grasshopper) - David Rutten on the Grasshopper 3D forum
- Giulio Piacentino (GhPython) - @piac on Discourse
- Andy le Bihan (RDK) - @andy on Discourse
- Curtis Wensley (Eto) - @curtisw on Discourse
- Dan Belcher (RhinoMobile) - @dan on Discourse