This site is the canonical source for developer documentation relating to Rhino, Grasshopper, and other companion products. The goal of this site is to provide a clear, easy-to-navigate, reference, with consistent formatting and nomenclature.
For contributors or administrators, the following guides are necessary reading:
- Contributing (This Website)
- Getting Started with Developer Docs
- How This Site Works
- Developer Docs Style Guide
The following guides and samples have TODO items listed in their yaml…
- (C/C++) Adding RhinoScript Support needs to be reviewed to check to see if steps are up to date. New screencaptures as well.
- (C/C++) Adding a NURBS Curve from Control Points needs more explanation in order to be a guide
- (C/C++) Brep Data Structure needs explanation, diagram style update
- (Grasshopper) Component Installers (Windows) needs porting from: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/how-do-i-install-a-custom-ghx
- (Grasshopper) Components with a variable number of parameters needs porting from: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/gha-developers-implementing-variable-parameters
- (C/C++) Crash Dump Analysis needs screen-capture update and overall review.
- (C/C++) Creating Plugins that use the Zoo needs to be compared to RhinoCommon version
- (RhinoCommon) Creating Plugins that use the Zoo needs to be compared with creating-zoo-plugins
- (C/C++) Creating your first C/C++ plugin for Rhino needs new screenshots, review, and cleanup. Consider breaking out Adding Commands.
- (C/C++) Defining New Plugin Commands needs to be reviewed for accuracy and considered for consolidation with other plugin topics
- (RhinoCommonC/C++) Digitally Signing Zoo Plugins move out of Zoo because it applies to both Zoo and Rhino plugins
- (General) Essential Mathematics for Computational Design This needs to be shimmed for Mac Platform.
- (Grasshopper) Extending the GUI For David R: finish interaction section
- (C/C++) Installing Tools (Windows) needs to be written.
- (C/C++) Material, Environment, and Texture Editors needs porting from: http://developer.rhino3d.com/files/rhino_rdk_documentation.pdf
- (RhinoCommonC/C++) Plugin Installers (Windows) Also port from http://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/rhinoinstallerengine/cpp
- (C/C++) Plugin Loading needs to be reviewed or consolidated with other plugin guides
- (C/C++) Plugin Search Order needs to be reviewed and consolidated with other plugin guides
- (C/C++) Running Rhino from the Command Line needs to be reclassified as a General guide if we can add macOS specifics
- (RhinoScript) Running Scripts from Macros needs review and updated screencaptures
- (C/C++RhinoScript) Scripting Methods for RDK (Windows) needs cleanup and formatting work and to be added to rhinoscript guides
- (C/C++) Textures and Mappings needs review and more explanatory content.
- (C/C++) Transforming Breps needs more explanatory content.
- (C/C++) User Data downloadable samples should be moved to GitHub and linked
- (RhinoPythonRhinoCommon) Using RhinoCommon from Python needs more information.
- (RhinoScript) What are VBScript and RhinoScript? needs a bit more information to guide users through how to learn VBS.
- (RhinoPython) What is Rhino.Python? needs more GHPython info.
- (Grasshopper) What is a Grasshopper Component? needs to be reviewed for accuracy. Also, needs a little more high-level info
- (C/C++) What is the RDK? needs cleanup, standardization, editing, new images, etc.
- (C/C++) What's New? needs review and the original contained links to empty wiki entries.
- (RhinoCommon) What's New? needs review
- (C/C++) Your First Renderer Plugin (Windows) needs porting from: http://developer.rhino3d.com/files/rhino_rdk_documentation.pdf
- (RhinoPython) Make a Circle with RhinoCommon Why is this not a RhinoCommon sample?
Many items relating to this site are logged in YouTrack: project: WWW subsystem: developer.rhino3d.com #unresolved