What is Rhino3dmIO?
This guide covers the RhinoCommon (.NET) build of openNURBS.
Rhino3dmIO is a .NET interface into the OpenNURBS library. This allows you to write .NET applications that can create and manipulate OpenNURBS Geometry. The library also includes a full set of tools to read/write the .3dm file format. And being OpenSource, you have access to the full source debug down to every little piece of code.
Install the Rhino3dmIO NuGet package into your project for the easiest access.
This is NOT meant for any Rhino plugin development. You should only be using Rhino3dmIO if you are attempting to read/write 3dm files from an application other than Rhino!
This is the quickest method to access Rhino3DMio. The NuGet package is available for 3 platforms:
- Rhino3dmIO.Desktop (Windows/macOS)
NuGet package using Visual Studio 2017 for Windows
- Right-click your project file in Solution Explorer and select Manage NuGet Packages ….
- On the left side of the dialog expand the Online option and select nuget.org.
- In the top right search box type “Rhino3dmIO” and click on a Rhino3dmIO.Desktop option (there are 3: Rhino3dmIO.Desktop (Windows/macOS), Rhino3dmIO.iOS and Rhino3dmIO.Android) and click on the Install button.
- Close the Manage NuGet Packages dialog. The NuGet package is installed and ready to use.
Changes that were made:
- The Rhino3dmIO NuGet package is installed in your project.
- The project references the Rhino3dmIO assembly.
- The project’s Post-build event has been modified so the rhino3dmio_native.dll gets copied to the same output directory as Rhino3dmIO.dll when the project is built.
NuGet package using Xamarin Studio 4.2.5 for Mac
Follow the instructions in the Including a NuGet package in your project from Microsoft.
The following process has been tested with Xamarin Studio 4.2.5 and Xcode 5.1.1. You will need to have both Xamarin Studio and Xcode installed.